We are a bioinformatics company that offers services and technologies that help transform genomic data into knowledge in academic research, plant and animal breeding and biomedicine.
Walter Sanseverino and Riccardo Aiese Cigliano, two Italian researchers with a real passion for genetics and omics sciences, founded Sequentia in 2013 as a spin-off of the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG, CSIC-IRTA-UAB) in Barcelona.
Currently, our work is organised into four specialised divisions: Sequentia Green, Sequentia Health, Sequentia Research, and Sequentia Training.
Our headquarters are located in the Parc Científic de Barcelona and our molecular laboratory is in the CRAG, both within an internationally recognised health and life sciences cluster. We also have an office in Italy.
We collaborate with research centres, universities, and businesses in accordance with the following values:
- Excellence: teamwork and scientific leadership in bioinformatics and big data.
- Quality Client Services: the experience and expertise of our scientists allows us to quickly identify each client’s needs, personalise our service, and help the client reach their research objectives. To the same extent, we endeavour to maintain a close, efficient, and decisive professional relationship.
- Scientific Innovation: we encourage innovation in genetics, molecular biology, and bioinformatics because we recognise these as strategic and sustainable fields that will benefit people, animals, and plants.
- Preservation of Biodiversity: we support the conservation of unprotected species, and as such we contribute to their phenotypic and molecular characterisations.
- Commitment to society and the environment: we carry out our work ethically and strive to contribute to advances in quality of life as well as environmental and agricultural sustainability.