Sequentia Biotech is a fast growing bioinformatics startup working in the field of omics sciences. Sequentia offers bioinformatics cloud software, custom software and bioinformatics consulting services for healthcare, pharma, agriculture, industry and environment. Sequentia’s mission is to make bioinformatics more accessible for everyone and with this aim it has designed an extensive range of powerful yet user-friendly tools in Genomics, Epigenomics, Transcriptomics and Microbiomics. Based in Barcelona, with customers in more than 65 countries, we have completed over 500 bioinformatics projects in all omics fields and have more than 1.500 cloud softwares users. We have been multi-awarded with European competitive grants and published over 60 papers in high impact factor journals.
We are looking for a HR and admin specialist to join our team full time (40 h/week) and support us growing our team effectively.
The Human Resources & Administration (HR&A) specialist will manage the Human Resources activities for Sequentia Biotech. The HR&A specialist will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation and performance, as well as provide support in key administrative functions. The HR&A will provide strategic guidance on HR to the office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Recruitment and Retention:
- Develop and oversee recruitment processes.
- Review job advertisements prior to posting, screen CVs, conduct telephone screenings, coordinate interview teams, participate in interviewing candidates and ensure that documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
- Manage the new hire orientation process.
- Develop/update training and onboarding material
Compliance and Record Keeping:.
- Manage timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
- Prepare HR documents, like employment contracts and new hire guides
- Create and distribute guidelines and FAQ documents about company policies
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monitor compensation – ensuring internal equity & compliance and benefits.
- Facilitate job analysis and update job descriptions.
Payroll and Budget:
- Assist payroll department in the preparation of monthly Payroll.
- Advise Managers on appropriate staffing levels and assist in budget preparation.
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour laws.
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions
- Provide clients support on administrative issues
- Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors, including visas and work permits as applicable.
- Arrange travel accommodations and process expense forms
Training and Development and Performance Maintenance:
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews.
- Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics
- Answer employees’ queries about HR-related issues
- Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
- Investigate employee relations issues and work to ensure human resources related decisions are consistent and fair.
- Work experience as an HR & Admin specialist, HR Administrative Assistant or similar role.
- BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field.
- Good knowledge and familiarity with Spanish labour laws and regulations governing Human Resources.
- Familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems / software.
- Ability to interact with and lead employees at various levels.
- Ability to work with managers to assess complex issues pragmatically.
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources.
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, analyze situations and make decisions.
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude and a collaborative approach to face challenges.
- Experience using spreadsheets and Google Workspace
- Candidates with a background in/passion for life sciences are highly encouraged to apply.
Sequentia is based in the center of sunny Barcelona, in the exciting @22 district, only 500mt away from the sea. Sequentia’s team is young, highly motivated and multicultural with a strong ambition for growth. Our offices have large common areas, a bar and a ping pong table. We have a hybrid work policy that allows for flexibility to work from home.
Send us your CV at email@example.com / please make sure to specify in the object HR&A specialist application