Sequentia Biotech is a fast growing bioinformatics startup working in the field of omics sciences. Sequentia offers bioinformatics cloud software, custom software and bioinformatics consulting services for healthcare, pharma, agriculture, and industrial biotech applications. Sequentia’s mission is to make bioinformatics more accessible for everyone and with this aim it has designed an extensive range of powerful yet user-friendly tools in Genomics, Epigenomics, Transcriptomics and Microbiomics.
Based in Barcelona, with customers in more than 65 countries, we have completed over 500 bioinformatics projects in all omics fields and have more than 1.500 cloud softwares users. We have been multi-awarded with European competitive grants and published over 70 papers in high impact factor journals.
Sequentia Biotech Health Department is committed to developing technology and services to improve healthcare and clinical research.
We lead by example, we expect the best of each team member, and our team holds high ethical and professional standards. The development of a positive, solution-focused and high-performing culture is of fundamental importance to Sequentia.
Sequentia Biotech is seeking a Software Developer (mid-level) to join our team. As a Software Developer at Sequentia Biotech, you will be responsible for building and maintaining microservices to be integrated into our IT architecture, to help our customers sending and receiving health data, including patients metadata and analyses data.
- Design, develop, and maintain microservices to be integrated into our IT architecture
- Handling data distribution and access from client systems to our architecture
- Develop and implement data transfer protocols to securely transfer patient metadata and analyses data between systems
- Building a healthcare system for interoperability of patient metadata
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the system meets all requirements and conforms to industry standards
- Continuously monitor and improve the performance and scalability of the system
- Training in Degree in Computer Science, or Software Engineering or equivalent course as Software/Backend Developer (non-mandatory requirement)
- Experience in building and deploying microservices
- Experience with handling data transfer
- Experience with data encryption is a plus
- Knowledge of programming language Node.js
- Strong knowledge in Java
- Knowledge in Python and R is a plus
- Nice to have knowledge in Interoperability, FHIR and HL7 standards Experience with cloud computing platforms (GCP and/or AWS), Linux/Unix, SQL and NoSQL
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Languages: Spanish and English ; Italian is a plus.
- Proactive self-starter, willing to “go the extra mile”, , quick learner, collaborative, organized, responsible, communicative, creative and open to learn and receive feedback
- Full time (40 h/week)
- indefinite-term contract
- flexible working hours
- 23 workdays of vacation
- Friday home office
If you have a passion for bioinformatics and healthcare technology and want to be part of a dynamic team at the forefront of innovation, we want to hear from you! Apply now to join Sequentia Biotech as a Software Developer.