Sequentia Biotech is a biotech company that provides bioinformatics and computational biology services to researchers and organizations in the life sciences industry. The company offers a range of services, including genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, and metagenomics data analyses. Sequentia Biotech’s team of experts uses state-of-the-art bioinformatics tools and algorithms to analyse large datasets and extract valuable insights and knowledge. The company’s services are used in a variety of applications, including personalized medicine, agriculture, and environmental studies.
In which department will you be involved?
The student will work in the bioinformatics development department. This department is responsible for developing and implementing various bioinformatics tools and techniques to analyze large and complex datasets generated from various biological experiments.
What is the purpose of this internship?
We are seeking a motivated bioinformatics student to join our team during spring and summer 2023. The successful candidate will be responsible for improving our existing pipeline for plant and animal metabarcoding. The pipeline is used to analyse large and complex datasets generated from various metabarcoding experiments, such as DNA sequencing of plant and animal samples.
The student will be involved in:
- Evaluating the performance of the existing pipeline and identifying areas for improvement.
- Developing and implementing new algorithms and tools to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the pipeline.
- Working closely with biologists and other stakeholders to ensure that the pipeline meets their needs and requirements.
- Evaluating and integrating new software and databases into the pipeline.
- Testing and validating the pipeline to ensure that it produces high-quality and reproducible results.
- Maintaining and updating the pipeline to ensure its optimal performance and compatibility with new technologies and data formats.
- Documenting and communicating the pipeline’s functionality, requirements, and limitations to stakeholders and end-users.
What are the requirements of this position?
- Basic knowledge of Python.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix operating systems and command-line tools.
- Previous expertise in metabarcoding and metagenomics analyses is appreciated.
If you have a passion for bioinformatics and want to be part of a dynamic team at the forefront of innovation, we want to hear from you! Apply now to join Sequentia Biotech as a Spring/Summer Intern: send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org