Introductory course to RNA-seq data analysis (17h).
Sequentia’s RNAseq summer course will introduce RNAseq data analysis to professionals from different backgrounds that work in basic research or applied R&D.
Directed to: biologists, biochemists, biotechnologists, bioinformaticians, engineers and other life science professionals that would like to broaden their knowledge on RNAseq data analysis.
Course structure: 60% practice – 40% theory.
- Introduction to Linux: from command line to software installation.
- Introduction to R: syntax, installation of packages and plots generation.
- Introduction to Next Generation Sequencing (Illumina).
- Introduction to RNA-seq analysis: from experimental design to data analysis.
The practical sessions of the course will include:
- Quality control of sequencing data.
- Mapping on the reference genome.
- Gene expression quantification.
- Differential Expression Analysis.
- Functional analysis of differentially expressed genes (using online tools).
Schedule: 1 week (3.5 hours per day) / Monday to Friday, 10 – 13:30 (CET)
- July 25th – July 29th
- August 1st – August 5th
- August 8th – August 12th
The dates provided are orientative and non binding, they may be modified with previous notice.
Format: Online (via Google Meets).
Trainees per group: 7 max.
- Basic knowledge of biology and molecular biology.
- Having a stable and fast internet connection.
- No previous programming skills are required. The important basic concepts will be taught during the course.
Each participant will have access to his/her own cloud server for practice sessions.
An attendance certificate will be provided at the end of the course.
The course will not cover single cell RNA-seq nor metatranscriptomics analysis
* With discount for academia
** With discount for bundle purchase of Summer Trainings 2022
To sign up, write us at email@example.com
Places will be formally reserved after accepting the training’s fee and receiving the signed quote.